Monday, February 4, 2013

Mazatlan


We pulled into Mazatlan on Saturday, Feb 2ndt.  We are at San Fernando RV Park, which is a very nice  park about one block off the beach, but they have a pool and hot tub so who needs the beach?






Btw, the last time I was in Mazatlan was in March 1974.  It has changed a little bit!

On Sunday we walked down to the main road which is where all the large hotels are and caught a pulmonia (a open air cab, think of a golf cart’s big brother) into old Mazatlan and the Market.  What a aggressive place, the vendors grab you and pull you into their store and they fight over you too!  If you want to see lots of pics of the market go read Nancy’s blog at runningawaywithdougandnancy.  She posts a little more consistently then me also.

After leaving the market we caught another pulmonia to the malecon.  For those not versed in Spanish, think beach walkway.  We walked along the sand til my legs needed a rest and then stopped and had lunch and a Pacifico beer at a restaurant on the beach…



I remember Senor Frog's

a waterpark


Carnival is in town next week, so they had all of these statues along the beach...




Then we continued walking and snapping pictures  until I got so tired that we flagged another pulmonia over to take us back to the RV park, and then fell into the pool to relax. We must have walked 2 miles today so by the time dinner was done, so was I…


Monday was very similar just the distance for me was less.  Instead I laid at the pool and worked on my “tan”.  Really it is just pink skin around all the freckles!

Yes, Alyssa, Dad is putting sunscreen on his bald spot and yes, we are still using dark tanning lotion instead of 50spf sunscreen.  Live with it…

Tonite we are going out for dinner with Mike and Terri Church, the authors of the RV bible I was talking about the other day.  Al and I are looking forward to meeting them, Doug and Nancy met them last year on the Baja.

If I am not too tired, after dinner, I might post how it went, if not I will post from our next stop.  We are leaving here bright and early tomorrow and starting the trek inland…

Hasta Luego….

No comments:

Post a Comment