Sunday, February 2, 2014

My new favorite appliance!

Thank you Peggy and Mel for supplying me with my new favorite appliance..

A breadmaker, yeah I know, no big deal but boy am I having fun with it.

So far I have made, banana bread, cinnamon bread, whole wheat bread, and of course white bread but now I am branching out into buns, cinnamon buns and french baguettes.

Yesterday's baguette's, before going in the oven..

my first batch of buns

As is the norm for me, I have had a few "oops" moments..

On my first batch of buns, I waited the hour and a half for the bread maker to do its thing, and then reached into pull out the dough and all I found was powder.  I forgot to put the water in! So I added the water ran the breadmaker for another hour and a half and voila, the dough was perfect.

Making cinnamon buns used the same bun recipe and I remembered the water this time, I pulled out the dough rolled it out added the nuts, sugar and raisins rolled it up and sliced it, baked it then realized it forgot the cinnamon!  So we had raisin nut buns but they were still good!

And then there was the time I forgot to put the"kneading paddles" back into the breadmaker and waited hours again for nothing to have happened.  It is hard to stir up ingredients without those!

Now I check for the paddles, and make sure I have added liquid and I am having pretty good success...I just am driving our neighbours crazy with the smell of cooking bread...especially at 6:30 in the morning if I set it to cook over night.

1 comment:

  1. Welaughed out loud at your stories, Colleen!! We can smell it from here!!

    ReplyDelete